"Dear Diary, my teen-angst bullshit now has a body count."
You fooled me from the start, when you let me start to love you.
self dying my hair was an interesting experience but it should turn out cool hopefully
this scene was wild from start to finish
One of my favorites moments ever!
In the worst episode of all time.
- me meeting new people on the first day of school: hey so have u ever heard the song Hannah Hunt
whenever I’m close to finishing an essay I’m like
i deserve a break I’m working hard
and then its an hour later and I’m still on my break and my essay still need a conclusion and an intro and probably a lot of editing and then I get sad
Why In the Flesh should be saved:
- Its portrayal of discrimination is one of the most realistic I’ve ever seen in a piece of media (specifically when it comes to homophobia & mental illness)
- Even when dealing with such serious subject matter it manages to strike a balance between tragedy and comedy so it’s not a continuous bombardment of depression & darkness
- Several well written female characters. This seems like a baseline requirement for any show but it’s ridiculous how many shows and movies never achieve this. But on itf we have Amy; who is given her own narrative that doesn’t revolve around the main character, Jem; who we clearly see struggle with PTSD but is never seen as weak because of this, Maxine Martin; who could have been portrayed as 100% evil with no redeeming characteristics, but instead is a charismatic, complex woman who won’t let anything get in the way of her achieving her goals, and several other characters with memorable personalities.
- A main character who is queer. LGBTQ+ representation is increasing in the media but all too often these characters are merely token secondary/minor characters or their entire character revolves around their sexual orientation. This is not the case with this show!
- There is too much that can be covered in this show and so many questions that need answered for it to be cancelled now. It’s done so much good with just a mere nine episodes, think how far it could go with double that amount (or even more). We could discover more about the lives of other undead people, the changing opinions of the public, watch Simon & Kieren’s relationship evolve, FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH AMY DYER.
- BASICALLY I’LL PROBABLY GO MAD IF I NEVER FIND ANY OF THIS OUT. THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH POTENTIAL IN THIS SHOW AND IT WOULD BE TRAGIC IF IT WERE WASTED.